Our Prize Saver account helps you to start saving from just £1 – and you get the chance to win up to £5,000 a month.
Available from 17th October 2019 - we've been selected as one of 15 Credit Unions in the UK to pilot HM Treasury's Prize-linked Savings Account.
How does it work?
For every £1 you save with us in your Prize Saver account you have one entry into the prize draw up to a maximum of 200 entries per account.
The amount saved in your Prize Saver account at the end of each month counts toward that month's draw.
The monthly prize draw is shared across 15 Credit Unions across the country
What can I win?
There are 21 prizes up for grabs every month:
- One headline prize of £5,000
- 20 smaller prizes of £20
The number and value of these prizes may increase throughout the pilot.
The first prize draw will take place on 16th December 2019.
What other benefits does this account offer?
Instant access to your savings when you need them.
Other Nottingham Credit Union services readily available should you need them.
Your money is protected by the FSCS up to £85,000 when you save with us.
How do I open an account?
- Existing members of Nottingham Credit Union can apply straight away. If you would like to join Nottingham Credit Union, you can get started today!
- To apply for the Prize Saver account you simply have to log into your NCU account online and fill in our digital application form.
Alternatively, you can complete our paper Prize Saver Application Form and return it to us either in-branch, by post or by email.
Nottingham Credit Union Terms & Conditions
- You must leave £1 in your NCU Regular Savings account at all times in order to keep your account open. Where this isn’t already in place, we reserve the right to take £1 from your Prize Saver account.
- The account is capped at the maximum number of entries (£200). Any deposits made past this point will credit your NCU Regular Savings Account directly.
- Your NCU account is governed by the normal terms and conditions available at nottinghamcu.co.uk/legal.
- A dividend will not be paid on your Prize Saver account.
Full terms of the Prize Saver account are available here.
The Economic Secretary to the Treasury, John Glen, said:
“We all know that saving for the future is important and I want to make it is as easy and attractive for people as possible.
“That’s why we’ve teamed up with Nottingham Credit Union, on International Credit Union Day, to launch the new Prize Saver account pilot, giving people the chance to win up to £5,000 on their hard-earned savings.
“Credit unions provide an invaluable service for people up and down the country and I’m pleased that together we can give more people the chance to win while they save.”